Okay…this is going to be a big post because I could only narrow it down to SIX finalists instead of three. Yes, I’m totally passing the responsibility of narrowing it down onto you 🙂 I think you’ll forgive me eventually.
Here they are (in no particular order). Please vote for the one you feel best represents the three scenes they chose. Votes should be cast on how much you like their three overall choices. Please leave a comment either below in the comments or on the corresponding Facebook post with the name of the person who put together your favorite soundtrack.
Have fun! (Winners will each receive a free e-copy of FRACTURED when it’s released)
Finalist #1: Becky Mutter
- Rihanna -Stay (I passed it onto you a few weeks ago) To me its the ultimate Sean and Ruby song. Its tangled and broken and beautiful and perfect.
- Kings of Leon-Revelry (Is my Sean song for Ruby)- to me this is the song that is on repeat for him when he is thinking about Ruby. The words are so perfect for the things that I think we will all find out he has been feeling when we finally get to his novella, but the lyrics are insanely in step with whats happened so far in the books too.
- Butterly Boucher- A bitter pill (basically this is the song that played for me the last 3 pages of Scarred (I don’t want to give away spoilers but I think if you go back and play this song and read those last 3 pages your mind might be blown) So that makes it the song I’ll be starting from for Fractured.
Finalist #2: Lori Ann Worley
- (Imagine Dragons – Its time) The frustration between Sean and Ruby when she needs more for him but he is who he is.
- (Toad and The Wet Sprocket – Take Her Down) The tension and agony when ruby is being held against her will and traumatized in Caged.
- (Sheryl Crow – Strong Enough) Ruby to Sean
Finalist #3: Lisa Stephenson
- In Framed when Cooper was in his towel and Ruby/Scarlet was in her black undies and a tight threadbare tank top and being all sweaty, The kissing the body slamming against the wall, the heavy breathing, the bedroom the ripping of the clothes, all I thought of that scene was Closer by NIN
- In Caged when Ruby realized that she was in love with Sean, when she was staring in his eyes, telling her she was his (mine) and the passionate kiss that consumed them as one. JoJo ,”Disaster” ,because of what he stands for and she is who he destroys
- In Scarred, right at the end of the book between Sean and Ruby/Scarlet where Scarlet took over Ruby and walking away from Sean, and then Seans Epilogue David Guetta – She Wolf (Falling To Pieces) ft. Sia the one part of the lyrics “You loved me and I froze in time
Hungry for that flesh of mine
But I can’t compete with the she-wolf, who has brought me to my knees
What do you see in those yellow eyes?”
Finalist #4: Courtney Burghduf
- Nine Inch Nails We’re In this Together. I think it describes Ruby and Sean and how their fate is intertwined since he put his life on the line.
- Dead Bodies Everywhere-Korn It reminds me of the scence where Ruby is trying to get away from the Pack and she let’s Scarlet loose.
- Feel This in Your Heart- Cold When I listen to this song I feel like the lyrics describe how he feels for Ruby
Finalist #5: Diana Feduccia Welchans
- Blurry – Puddle of Mudd Check the lyrics, it’s Cooper thinking about Ruby while he’s struggling with his whole mess
- Down in a Hole – Alice In Chains. I think this one describes how he felt when he couldn’t cope and he realized he was in WAY over his head.
- Breaking the Girl – Red Hot Chili Peppers. This one is about his love/hate relationship with Ruby during his drug phase.
Finalist #6: Selinalynn Maeder
- “Let’s Dance” by David Bowie for Ruby and Matty
- “Possession” by Sarah McLachlan for Sean and Ruby
- “Closer” by Nine Inch Nails for Ruby and Cooper in the infamous “hallway” scene
I’m not sure how you’re going to pick a favorite, but I hope you can. I clearly couldn’t 🙂